<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 20, 2004

posi-shuns

1
I am faking the Cimabue cheek of me
cheek of me the reddy rouge real
not real me; how developed how
already-sophisticated she
when (was) discovered:    uncovered
So?
I am turning the other
back to its
plastered
over

2
Washington is on saying
Poitier         said
you're good

below a forensicked
thoroughfare threatens
unfair rumbles deathens to
tumble you joined by Naomi!
legs aglisten agog not really we
supposed to be impressed by Mandela, inevitably
switch

off

3
and hence to the month
and therefore a cold sudden snap turn NE.erly
dry
and then it'll go wet
and chestnuts the only polish'ds
in the raggedy sycamore/plane/maple mildew snot piles yearns
an entire universe to get through
the post-traumatic truths: your
cock a snivlld piddle
which once moved
earth

Comments:
Third section is very compelling. I think
'in the raggedy sycamore/plane/maple mildew snot piles yearns'
feels too shoehorned together.

'forensicked' has/connotates enough for an entire poem in one word.

I read the theme as sexual but several of the references were lost on me. Mandela as in Nelson? If so that creates a sidetrack into something racial, and if not, then I don't have a clue.

The last five lines are excellent.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?